Thursday, September 15, 2011

Projects 'in the' make

Projects I'm working on...

 Tasha Tudors opinion on crafts.  She hates the word & would rather any other.
I agree with her, so 'projects' it is.


This is here to remind me, my goals....

..I want to be more organised with everything in it's place.  I've gathered some ideas to make/ sew/ or at the very least decorate each bag/ container that I use to organise things in, to make for easier travel or moving,


I want everything in my house to have a clearly defined home because I've learned this far that theres no point trying to be an expert in time management if you can never find anything!

1st Project

First Aid Kit.

Detol
gauze
bandaids
bandages
clear eyes
Life Eze Plus SAMe
measuring syringe
rawleighs medicated salve (thank you Aunty)

 




sequel:  well my rawleigh products arrived in the mail.  I've rubbed it all over me now I smell something familiar, along with that familiar comes a smile from the inside out.  I smell like nana and I feel like pa  LOL  I'll always have these now.  I noticed on their website they are looking for distributors.  When I went to my local pharmacy they said, "oohh,  we haven't seen a rawleighs distributor up this way in years..." BUT she had one of those (ole familiar) looks when she was reminiscing 
Well there's another small NICHE in the market.


jellybeans
paracetomol
electrolytes/salvital
codral cold & flu
throat lozenges
mersyndol
phenergam
prednisolone
adreneline
sharps kit
epipen
medic alert ID


I like soft bags so I can easily pack for travel or moving,


pockets for prescriptions

UPDATE:  still just thinking this one through





2nd Project
I'm attempting a round baby rug on circular needles.
Fairy Floss yarn is super soft & cuddly.
Promise with Annabelle I wouldn't compete with other set of exited grandparents, as soon as she told me grandmother #2 was attempting to knit a baby blanket I said, "well, never mind, I can do many other things."
As the months go by.... my love of knitting lured me to do one anyway & keep it here if we ever need it.  This should be finished by now, I'm trying to get it finished despite my promise but something in me wont let me....

UPDATE:  Only 4 more stripes of colour added.






3rd Project
Here I go again knitting another blanket/ cover / wrap for the new baby..
I've been instructed their theme is purple.... I'm struggling to see a newborn girl in purple it's hard to visualise projects... I'm definitely a pink girl!
This was started with the intention to make a swaddle.  Annabelle has expressed a desire for swaddles...
Since a swaddle & blanket are 2 different things I felt enthusiastic about this project.

UPDATE:  nope ... nuffink... still looks the same





4th Project


Front

back


UPDATE:   got as far as cutting out patterns for next try.
in the meantime, used this one much?!!
VERY HANDY to have.




Saturday at the beach.
Max played with cars and trains
Mum weaved the vines

Bear I made for the new baby
still being made.
There's a musical tune in the hand
glass beads in the feet and bum
5 traditional disc joints


A bear I made for Max, still not finished
5 disc joints, musical hand
a few more glass beads in the feet & legs so he can stand.
A good weight for a 3yr old.